Montrose "Waterview" facade

Montrose "Waterview" facade

Monday, 30 May 2011

Missed it by that much....

May 28th, guess they didn't quite finish all the tiling as expected, I'm sure it will all be fully completed this week.

On the bright side though, the feature tiles are up in the ensuite and the main floors look to be completed, also the bricks have been given their acid-wash and look much better than they did - but all the water makes it harder to walk around the house.

And finally, very happy we got the garage made even just 1 metre wider :)

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

We're floored!

May 25th, The tilers have been at it and they reckon everything tile-related will be done by Friday.

Unfortunately, we could only get 1 pic in from the garage entry down the length of the house but it's looking pretty good so far.

Monday, 23 May 2011

On the tiles!

May 20th, another burst of activity, painting's pretty much finished by the looks of it, the sparkies are wiring everything up, light fittings and battens are going up, heat lights fitted in the ensuite and bathroom, it's all there!!

Tiles have all been delivered and are waiting for the tilers. Should be a major change of appearance at the end of this coming week.

First, the theatre room in Rainmaker colour...

Next, the bedroom - this is the Mistral 1/4 strength - oops, forgot that the Lexicon was for skirtings etc, that's why it looks more bluey/lavendery than I remember the sample being - we didn't get that sample :)

The entry hallway..

Kitchen bench in Night Sky...

Powder room benchtop in Nougat (same as the ensuite)..

The feature tiles for powder room and bathroom...

Ensuite feature tiles are the grey/blue version of this

And finally, the heat/light/fan for the ensuite and the random piles of tiles just waiting for the tilers to do their voodoo :)

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Nice rack!

May 9th, very nice wine rack in the top of the fridge space that is.

If you're having trouble posting and can't get the Compose tab to open up with text formatting buttons in the posting window, after much futzing around with blog settings, it appears that you need to change settings back to the old editor (under Settings|Basic) - bl**dy Google is getting almost as bad as Micro$lop.

Anyway, not a lot of progress happening, the gyprockers were in on the weekend and finishing the walls and ceilings etc, skirting boards and architraves have been installed.

Pics of the bedroom windows and kitchen benches also included but where in the post is up to this old editor - grrrrrr!!!!

Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Invoices everywhere!

May 3rd, we're being flooded with invoices - gaaahhh!! But no new photos just yet :)

I guess I should have expected it, but both the lock-up invoice and the fixing invoice came in within days of each other, apparently quite normal considering they do the bricking and the gyprocking at the same time for single-level houses. Just a bit of sticker shock there, but hey it's only money ;)

We're getting the pre-paint plaster sanding etc done this week and should have the bechtops installed by the end of next week - so should be moving right along by the time I put up the next set of pics. However, there may be a delay with painting the render and cleaning of the brickwork due to the wet weather this week.

Really quite impressed with the speed over-all - but really hanging out to get some new photos showing more progress!! :)